Thursday, August 2, 2012

XFCE window title and borders gone; no focus, no move

Experienced this problem on Linux Mint 13 XFCE. Not to worry. This post from Linux and Friends puts it all right.
~$ xfwm4 --replace
Many thanks! If I hadn't stumbled across this tip, I don't know how I would have been able to fix this.

This has happened to me three times now.

It appears to have something to do with corruption of the session when you log out. To avoid the problem altogether, set up your desktop the way you want it, and the log out while saving session state (it's a checkbox on the logout dialog). The next time you log out, uncheck that box. If you don't save, you can't get corruption on save, right? That's the theory anyway.


After not experiencing the problem for about 4 months, I have to give a thumbs up to the uncheck the "Save Session State" solution. Theory confirmed. Or someone fixed the bug.

No comments:

Post a Comment